Oh god I love that man.  I remember watching him some time ago and I
started to realize that he was lecturing.  not just being funny,
though he always is.  he was calling us on our bullshit.  yeah
preaching never works.  i worked in a vegan organic restaurant for
years and there IS such a thing as vegetarian fascists.  but we could
use need a little more awareness.  i think there is an inverse
relationship between happiness and excessive consumption.  people
really think labels get them something.

I was having an incredibly delicious eggplant parm pizza at mattison
park over the summer and this chick stepped up to the bar, put her
purse on it, and announced to my friend and i that it was Prada.   we
hadn't asked, or even mentioned the purse.  That to me is dis - ease.
 the weird thing is that has happened to me before, the other time on
Block Island with a Prada shoe.  a chick took off her shoe, put it on
the bar and announce "Prada".  Shit like that...or I should say my
response to shit like that has given me a wicked wrinkle between my
eyes.  as my nephew would say "what tha..?"

i don't know what the best way is to tell people that they are
poisoning their children's environment by using the detergent they do,
or wacking out their endocrine system with the lotion they use..but
it's true.  cheers!