--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >Thank you for the post, please provide us the voters with some
> answers, are not the lawyers appointed by the bd? i would think for
> them to go off on a crusade they would need the support of 5 bd.
> members, who are these knuckleheads? Let the public know and they can
> be voted out of office, that would seem more logical then you
> resigning. Im also surpirised, it always seemed you had the ability
> to reason with your fellow members and receive support, i am sure you
> have lobbied for this but obvioulsy with little or no help, again ,
> name the names, this is outrageous, when wand where is the meeting?
> what is the total amount the lawyers are to be paid? good luck!!!

    Again, speaking only for myself, the BOE has on at least three
occasions voted its support for the Little League and Danny's efforts.
 Each and every time the law firm on who knows whose initiative has
turned "yes" into "no".  (To add to my disclaimer above, I must add
that I voted against this law firm but I was in the distinct
minority.)  This law firm acts as if we work for them and not
vice-versa.  Unfortunately, when they spend countless hours (and
thousands of taxpayer dollars) on report after report advising the BOE
that 17 hoops have to be jumped through before Danny can proceed,
there are some who believe they are acting in the best interests of
the kids.  To me it seems like a protection racket of some kind.  And
most unfortunately, the new state monitor, yet another unnecessary
layer of bureaucracy, backs the lawyers!  The state claims to have
veto power over the BOE.  So I do not think you will find a single
person on the  board who does not support Danny and the Little League,
at least I hope that's the case, but we are more and more
marginalized.  And, yes, I have been totally ineffective and I know
it. Only in Asbury Park could this possibly be an issue.  Any other
town would celebrate the efforts of volunteers like Danny, not try to
thwart them.  I am ready to pay for the banner that can go over the
entrance to the city stating "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here."
   As stated in another post, the Board meeting is tonight (Wednesday)
at 6:30 at the Bradley Elem. School on 3rd Ave.

                            Frank D'Alessandro