John,

I had a client with a contract on an Esperanza unit.  About 2 months
ago I took her out of the contract and got her $65,000.00 deposit
back.

The reason I counseled her to get out of the contract was that Metro
could not show me a deposit bond protecting the deposits.

They tried to convince me they had one.  They kept sending me a
sample, and I kept telling them I wanted proof that one was
purchased.  They gave me several excuses, but no bond, so I took my
client out and got her money back.

Just curious: Did you or your attorney ever get a copy of a bond?

Thanks-  Tommy.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "John C. LiDestri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> jrcote:
> >
> > "release me and let me go..."
> >
> > Song by many...
> >
> > "release my money, mr metro, and let me go
> >

> nicely done!
>
> nothing from metro yet.....hopefully this will not drag out too
long
> for the sake of the people who believed in AP and Metro enough to
> put deposits down on the Esperanza or the citizens of AP who have
> live with the eyesore of an inactive contruction site.  This is a
> huge turn of events for the AP waterfront and I feel the final
> outcome is going to be highly dependent on how the banking,
retail,
> and housing markets rebound......everyone seems to be sitting back
> and waiting.  As they say....timing is everything, very bad timing
> for Metro.
>
> If this project is not a viable one for Metro, how could it be for
> others?  I guess if it is forclosed on a new developer could come
in
> and try to "steal" the property from the bank for pennies on the
> dollar?  You would think whoever is financing Metro is going to
take
> a major hit?  Once the project is foreclosed on, if that is its
> fate, the new developer is most likely going to have a difficult
> time getting the same 70 contracts signed.....70 out of 224 at
this
> stage of contruction and in this market would seem to be a
> reasonable number.  On a cost per square foot basis they were also
> getting a pretty high number, especially the units with an ocean
> view.
>
> I am personally still committed to the area and the main draw for
me
> has been what has been done away from the waterfront with the
> arrival of entrepreneurs who have opened unique shops and great
> restaurants, as well as the people that have come in to the
> community and have bought or rented homes and have restored them
> their original beauty.
>
> What is scary for me is if the economic slow down will create a
> siutation where things could actually move backwards in
AP.....this