--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I guess the wisecrack (which I admit I don't get) was a way for you to
> avoid facing what you said.
>
> Oak asked me about Charlie Wilson's War, and I said I wouldn't go
> becaue it tries to make a connection between Reagan and 9/11 (how
> stupid).
>
> In response you said nothing happens in a vacuum.
>
> I asked you if you believe a connection between Iraq and 9/11.

I don't play 3 card monte. You switched the events. The first post
proffered a connection between Reagan and 9/11. You substituted Iraq
for Reagan. My post about a "vacuum" was a response to the first.

Having neither seen the movie or the documentary I don't know the
connection it alludes to. However, not totally ignorant of history, I
assume it refers to our arming of the mujahadeens and the Taliban in
Afghanistan against the Ruskies.

While not blaming US for 9/11, it is ignorant to believe that our
choices do not have consequences, many times unforeseen ones. Other
times, ones that should easily be foreseen, for instance, what would
occur once you dethroned Saddam.

Sufficient evidence of a connection between Iraq and 9/11 has not been
presented. Yet while not placing blame, it is only foolish to think
that our actions in the Mideast over the past 4 decades has not
contributed to the conditions that made 9/11 if not probable, at least
possible.