This is purely an FYI:
Goldman was one of the very few companies who did not perpetuate any
of this.  They are #1 in almost every category related to investment
banking but was #13 in issuing of mortgage related products.  They
were also net short the mortgage market for most of 2007 and is the
only company that didn't have to take large writedowns last year.
Blame everyone else except these guys actually.