From: FleurDeLis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 6:16 pm
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Goldman sachs...

It's one of the laws of supply and demand. When there is a glut of any
commodity on the market, the cost goes down, when the demand goes
down.  When the demand is up, (see oil), the price inflates!  Before
Christmas, most static goods, like Xmas cards, wrapping paper and
ribbon, are regularly priced, unless you shop discount, like me.  The
day after Xmas, prices are as low as 50-75%, of the original cost,
which is why smart shoppers, buy these goods, at cut rate rices for
the following year!  Demand is very low, the day after Christmas,
thus, the dip in cost.  Apply this to the slump in housing, creates a
"buyer's" market, as the interest rates plummet!

I learned that in Economics 101!  A no brainer.  You can't blame
everyone.  Altruisms, are false!  Just check the polls in the NH
primaries, which were either all wrong, or people lie!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Folks,
>
> As consumers we should all blame ourselves to some extent.? Its easy
to scapegoat companies and GW and everyone but ourselves.? Consumers
and investors were clearly partially to blame.? The woes have not been
caused by America, but by Americans.

No one is blaming companies.  If they are mismanaged, it's one thing,
but real estate markets are alwyas fluctuating, depending on the
interest rates and whether it's a bull or bear market.

You work for them?

> > It'll be a buyer's market, for at least 6 months.  Consumers
> spending
> > less, 130 jobs lost at a furniture factory in NC, due to the drop
> in
> > home buyers.  Yep!  Goldman is one of the culprits!

I stand by my statement.  I saw a report on the above yesterday, on CNN.

http://webmail.aol.com