From: oakdorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:39 am
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Goldman sachs...

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Folks,
>
> As consumers we should all blame ourselves to some extent.? Its
easy to scapegoat companies and GW and everyone but ourselves.?
Consumers and investors were clearly partially to blame.? The woes
have not been caused by America, but by Americans.

It's called greed. We're all capable of it.

AS my grandmother once said (from her unit at 1701 Ocean
Ave..) "you're like your grandfather, if he had a dime left in his
pocket, he'd figure out how to spend it...."

she had never spoken about him much before, but I always intrigured
the photos of him.

The point  - that "dime left" was long before the credit cards most
people use today.
--------------------------------------
And all the Money lenders do play a role, through variosu j-v's etc.

Credit-Based Asset Servicing and Securitization LLC, a subprime
mortgage investor written off by its owners, completed the sale of
its Litton Loan Servicing business and named Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
as the buyer.

The sale allowed C-Bass to reach an out-of-court restructuring with
its creditors, the New York-based company said in a statement today.
Litton deals with homeowners on behalf of mortgage companies if the
borrowers don't pay their bills on time. While terms weren't
announced today, Radian Group Inc., part owner of C-Bass, said last
month the unit would be sold for about $467.9 million to an unnamed
acquirer.

Goldman, the world's largest securities firm, may be betting it can
pick up Litton at a depressed price. C-Bass's owners wrote off their
entire equity investment of more than $900 million this year, even
while Litton continued to operate. Chief Financial Officer David
Viniar said in September that his firm was hunting for "distressed
assets."

(the article said) The reason why Goldman bought Litton Loan
Servicing;

Goldman bought the company "because it's a recognized leader in the
loan-servicing sector," said Michael DuVally, spokesman for the New
York-based securities firm. "Given the stress in the residential
mortgage market, a premium is being placed on quality workout-
servicing capabilities, for which Litton is very well-known."

http://webmail.aol.com