Nostalgia Nazi.

Bunch of nonsense.

Someone posted my column about the Baronet in the files section of
this group, which sums up my thoughts on the issue.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Brim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> YES, a historic preservation commission is need for Asbury Park!
>
> A great deal of work is needed to preserve properties here!  In
September 2005 the Asbury Park Historical Society listed two sites
which needed to be saved (Casion/Heating Plant; Metropolitan;
Charms/Elks; The Ambassador; 5th Ave Pavilion; Baronet, et al;
Savoy; Convention Hall; Steinbach Bldg; The Jersey; Stone Pony; "3
houses on Webb" (2 on 6th 1 on 7th); Belmont/Atlantic; Berkeley-
Carteret; Winsor Bldg on Main & Bangs; Library Square; North AP
Train Station; Post Office' The Brittwood; Geo Wurt's [306 8th]).

> One property listed as lost on the September 2005 inventory was
the Park Cinema.

> The Society also need to look at the historic buildings in other
parts of the city as well as the ones listed above.

> Michael
>
> From: Jack Pitzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/01/29 Tue AM 10:17:43 CST
> To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [AsburyPark] Asbury Park preservationists trying to form
commission

> Asbury Park preservationists trying to form commission
> By Nancy Shields • COASTAL MONMOUTH BUREAU
• January 29, 2008

> ASBURY PARK — Donald Sammet, the city's director of
planning and
> redevelopment, will speak on forming a historic preservation
> commission at the Asbury Park Historical Society's annual
organization
> meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at the library, 500 First Ave.
>
> Johna Karpinski, who is expected to continue as the society's
> president, wants a commission to be established to help save some
city
> buildings under threat of demolition.
>
> Karpinski has worked to try to save the long-vacant Metropolitan
Hotel
> on Asbury Avenue and the downtown Charms Building.
>
> She said in a telephone interview that she was "very encouraged"
that
> Gary Mottola, president of investments for Madison Marquette, the
> beachfront redeveloper, is going to try to save the Charms
Building.

> "It seems as though they're really committed to moving forward,
even
> in this economic and real estate environment," Karpinski said.
>
> The historical society also is sponsoring an Asbury Park
memorabilia
> showcase in the library's reading room.
>
> The exhibit contains memorabilia from society trustee Don Stine's
> Antic Hay book business that will be displayed in a 13-foot glass
> showcase in the library room, Stine said.
>
> "There's going to be Victorian, business and rustic souvenirs, like
> deer-foot letter openers, old plates, boot lace tighteners,
Victorian