I will second Paul's thoughts.  I taught a homeownership series at the
First United Methodist Church a few years ago.  Pastor Sony and Rev.
Caldwell were both very welcoming and inclusive.  It was one of my most
successful groups ever as far as the number who were qualified to buy a
home or to refinance.  The church offers a lot of services to the
community including WIC.
I didn't take Rev. Caldwell's comments about his experiences in the
segregated south as anything more than what they are - his
experiences.
Jennifer