Now, I wasn't commenting on the Asbury Park Press or the Joyful
Noise.  I commented on Rev. Caldwell's comments about segregation.
It may be that the "general readership" of the Press would not bother
to read a story about a black reverend in Asbury Park.  They would
likely be reading about the Super Bowl.

Tommy, I've been interviewed by newspapers on many occassions and I
know I have to be very careful with reporters.  I can't talk to them
like I would talk to anyone else because my comments can and often
are taken out of context.  It is unfortunately a part of my job to
give the press information about housing and I get a knot in my
stomach every time I have to do it.  I don't feel that way talking to
anyone else.  I don't feel that way speaking to a room full of
people, but once bitten twice shy.

I have been to the Joyful Noise.  I guess I think that his comment
about not being gay just seems stupid and perhaps just maybe the
reporter fed him it in a question - 'do you think the fact that
you're not gay might have effected your client base?'  It is stupid,
but controversy sells papers.

Apologies that my comments came from personal press experience.  We
all carry our own experiences and perspectives.