I was looking at this site for myself
http://www.fast-growing-trees.com/EmpressTree.htm
and bought a tree that I'll receive in April so I can't vouch for it yet.

I was thinking maybe this would be something good to beautify Main St.
We can't look to the landlords to beautify or to new business to come
to an ugly street. I can't imagine waiting for the city gov't to get
it together to do anything.  From what I've read on this listserve
that sounds like the way to kill an idea.

It seems more effective to take some Green Gorilla type initiative.

This sort of thing takes dedicated volunteers esp. if the trees are
paid for with a benefit. (I'd donate art, as usual.)

I know there are problems with this idea: some landlords don't want
trees near their water pipes; the city might destroy the trees saying
they have their own comprehensive plan for dealing with city 'hot
spots', etc.  But if this idea has legs we can figure it out.

Shipping Height 3-5 ft. including root ball.
        $59.95 Each
        5 or more $50.96 each
        25 or more $44.96 each

Shipping Charges for orders above $100 are approximately 17% of your order