That building was mostly white, that was torn down!  Getting rid of
the "perceived" old for new, is nothing new, but to take a historic
town, KNOWN for the uniqueness it HAD; think Coney Island, quick, is
it "hot dogs" soda and beer?  Like those lazy, hazy, crazy days of
summer, as the song goes?  Remember the song Palisades Park?  Where is
 it now?  Just a faded memory.  Thank goodness for the books Helen
Pike wrote, otherwise a new visitor or inhabitant, will think that
this is the way it always was!  You won't see anyone tearing ANYTHING
down in the French Quarter, just as you won't see the Statue of
Liberty coming down, anytime soon!

There's a fight on, for Coney Island, as I type, because that's what
Brooklyn is best known for!  I hope the fighters FOR Coney Island win!
Just as Santa Monica's boardwalk, sports a "circus-like" atmosphere
and has become its' draw, please let's preserve, what little is left
of Asbury Park!  How's about BUILDING something on the C-8, Jr.?  I
really think that block has a "hex" on it!

I fear the boardwalk that is left here, will be for the moneyed few.
My 2 cents, for what its' worth.  On this July 4th, I wish you all a
safe, wonderful, summer.  Peace!