From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:39:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: IT'S COMING -----OH NO!!!!!

________________________________
Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your
area - Check out TourTracker. com!
Private email asks:
the question is  what does one do with the kid that tells you to go f yourself?
YOu send him
out of the room and they're back the next day or 10 minutes later.
IMO
So many variables -
Does the teacher really command respect, know the subject matter and pedagogy
well,  and is he or she a fair and competent teacher?
If so, does the administration and board have zero tolerance for behavior which
interferes with the education of the other students; if so, great reason to
have strong suspension and expulsion criteria.
if not, is there mentoring support for the teacher by master teachers?
Are parents being held accountable for the behavior of their children?  Are
they invited to sit in classrooms?
Is good student behavior being noted and commended?
Do less than effective teachers still get satisfactory observation reports
because the district can't attract any better emplyees,  or conditional
evaluations contingent on specific areas of needed improvement within a
specified time?
If not, do supervisors fulfill their job descriptions to document the poor
teacher performance, required for dismissal?
Are counselors always available to student and not overloaded with too many
students and CYA paperwork?

Just a few examples.  Hard work, but it can't be achieved with lots of catered
luncheons from Frank's, Serpico's, TJ's, et al.

Watch the number of students coming and going to school, particularly high
school, with books, indicating homework.  Usually a good indication of how
serious the district is about academics.

In a message dated 7/16/2008 6:17:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL