This is an Asbury Park Group and you live in Ocean Twp., so what's
your problem?  So, should the museum be in Ocean Twp.?  Just asking.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Oh boy-
>
> Do we really think that a ANOTHER rock and roll museum is needed in
Asbury Park?

> Wouldn't it be cooler to recreate another great time in Asbury Park
instead of continuing

> to live in the past and talk about it over and over again..It seems
to be as bad as making

> the stone pony a theme restaurant..
>

> Wouldnt you rather have a theater that was used for cultural events
like burlesque,

> theater, spoken word, that would bring a more refined
taste...maybe, just maybe???"

>      I was too young to even remember the first rock n roll hall of
fame.  I don't think wanting a new one for the present day is living
in the past.... It seems like it was a neat place.
>      I think some old AP should be worked into the beach front.  I
like the direction the new beachfront/boardwalk is going in.  I can
see the vision, although it may be blurry at the moment.  HOWEVER,
some old school AP is much needed in the waterfront.  As Werner has
said over and over, AP is fading away.
>      I like the new, but we need to recapture some of the old AP
boardwalk ideas.  Things people will remember.  Things that use to be
noted as being an AP "thing."  I like the oversized "fun" features of
the water park becasue it gives off a certain feeling.  A feeling of
boardwalk rides and fun.  Since we will most likely never see real
rides again on the boardwalk, these features of the water park trick
the eye.  They promote that classic board walk feeling without having
to actually have a lot of the rides and amusemnts (something that
many don't want anyway).