--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "sandpiper15" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Good points. Can one really equate Madison Marquette with an
> individual home builder though? The company has 49 properties and 23
> million sq feet of retail space throughout the United States.

Those 49 properties might have already been built or rehabbed or they added on
to.
Those 49 might of had 100 concept plans, countless approval hearings (or
disapproval)
millons of dollars in fees....and still not get what they really wanted.

Dan S had invited me some time ago to a real estate appraisers meeting in
NYC...very
interesting.  One property just nearing completion - first piece of the block
purchased
over 40 years ago....

I sold a building last october in Neptune - building went for $400k great spot
- going to
cost around another $400k to turn it into a Dr. Office. - site work, special
lighting (werner
should like that) cause it's in a redev zone alone is $48k. Attorneys,
Engineering, site
work, architecture - etc etc. They are just getting their first permits. So
maybe by
november....

And I'm friendly with the Project mgr whose real tough to work with or even
sell
something to - its my wife.

You just don't draw a pretty picture and then build it. I tried to knock down a
house in OT
that I've had for twenty years. Two meetings and I tried to wing it with the
architecture
and engineering all done. That alone cost me over $3k - drawings, engineering,
fees etc -
probably over $4k.  They told me to come back again. Heck with it - the house
has been
there since 1875 and will stay there.