I honestly don't understand what the big deal is. Celebrities have a
right, like everyone else, to endorse a candidate. And they also
have a right to show up at political rallies and speak their mind.
If you do not want to listen, don't listen. Don't go to their
concerts, rallies, change the channel or station etc.

I think what people are really upset about is that an entertainer
that they like disagrees with them about politics. Well, tough. And
that their celebrity status gives them a bigger voice than yours.
That's just life. There are people I hate to listen to as well, but
I can't say that they should not have a right to speak because I
disagree with them!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Entertainers too political
> October 9, 2008
>

> This is just a short shout-out to all the musicians out there who
> have determined they are the utmost authority for doling out
> political advice: Shut up and sing!
>
> Where do these artists such as Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Jon
Bon
> Jovi and John Mellencamp get the idea they can tell me who to vote
> for?
>
> They sit in their lofty mansions in Rumson, Colts Neck, Middletown
> and Long Island and proceed to tell us the economy is bad. How do
> they know? Is it because we no longer can afford to pay the $100
> $500 per ticket to see them? Oh, that's right, maybe their wallets
> are hurting because of this. Somehow, I don't think their wallets
are
> hurting as much as mine.
>
> I used to be a big fan of all the above. I can remember
Springsteen