-

I have some issue with the chamber... every week there are
meetings...retail ...event...restaurant..etc... and there is one
resounding issue...marketing and advt.  I believe it is the job of the
individual business to get people to come in their door...it is the job
of the city and the chamber to get people on the streets.... why does
ocean grove have a simple yet effective commercial on cable tv..and
asbury park does not...why have we still not gotten signs on the
boardwalk pointing to downtown...so that those that go the beach even
know that a downtown exists...as far as advt in programs... they are
usually after the fact... all this grass roots advt...and activities
like zombie walk...colliade-a-scope this weekend will hopefully attract
publications for outside the area..and show what great things ap has to
offer.... AP is a city ..not a town...not a villiage..not a
hamlet...and there are going to be good and bad streets just as in any
city.. thats part of what makes AP so exciting..and interesting and
viable as a year round destination for arts...shopping..dining..etc.