Thanks, Mario, for the additional details on the Black Swan book.
But you didn't tell me if you agree with Taleb's current prediction. That
was my question.
          I still  say Charles Morris' book, Trillion Dollar Meltdown, is
equally prophetic.  If I remember correctly, before I read Morris's book I read
by means of an  introduction to it that Morris helped develope the software
used by the  Masters of the Universe to create these structured products. But
the
software  was eventually misused by the industry. His book predicts the whole
 collapse.
     BTW, for those who didn't see it last night, 60  Minutes on CBS reported
on the fact that these toxic assets by and large had no  direct link to the
mortgage industry anymore than betting on a football  game derives any security
from the finances of the 'underlying' team.  So my earlier posts on this have
been validated.
Now what?
How's this suggestion for fiscal stimulus:
Why don't the government wizards remove income limits on how much people  can
earn in addition to their social security? Yes, Social  Security levels  are
precarious too, but...  Right now, the Late Boomers, as we're called,  can't
afford to collect our social security and carry our mortgages  because of the
outmoded limit placed on what can be earned on top of it. This  would be a less
intrusive way of securing mortgages, avoiding more  foreclosures and possibly
even boosting consumer spending.
Maureen

Maureen Nevin
Asbury Radio -"The Radio Voice of Asbury  Park" -Silenced by the FCC, but
why??
88.1FM - "6" Years on the Air!!   Would've been 7 this July...
Asbury's Own Live Talk Show_mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AsburyPark/post?postID=rHJIZqKLU40eDTc2KMHNHZwPoANfvykUf-QXIwGa01YupXx_FS
gz9T8CYowEoqrp7AvGNPp3ZyP4oWOTuAg)
601  Bangs Avenue  - Forced from here by FCC...
Listen 8 - 10 PM Thursdays on  88.1FM or Ooops, see below...
Listen Live or Later on the Web _http://www.asburyradio.com/_
(http://www.asburyradio.com/)
Call the show 732-775-0821 oops, not since  the FCC visited this litte
100watt station - four times!!
Call  me 732-774-0779 fax 502-0463  Still can call this number...
Speak up - It's  America!!