Well it seems to me that the test of how "over hyped" the
redevelopment has been would be the numbers of people showing up
consistently over time. Right? The boardwalk was pretty crowded on
Sunday. Obviously I don't know how much $$ is being spent but the
crowds have been around and growing steadily. Most of what I hear is
pleasure and excitement at being in ap. Not "oh it would be better
if..." which brings me again to the issue of perception and how it is
different for everyone.

The perception of a malcontent is rarely "oh isn't it wonderful". Too
bad for them. I would love to go into this more, but I need to hash
out my thoughts more and I don't want to subject you to my exploration
of human consciousness. In short, miserable people are miserable
people and they like everyone to know it and think it has nothing to
do with them.

Anyone who has spent anytime in the service/retail industry knows that
there are always going to be people who are impossible to please and
the malcontents, like Newbie (who doesn't even visit ap regularly)
usually have the biggest mouths. The happy ones just keep returning.
You are also never going to please everyone and thank god most people
aren't architects or design snobs, its jersey. And again, maybe I am
just a white trash fool or too easy to please, but the place just
doesn't look that bad to me, including the dang shipping containers.

sorry this post is a little repetitive.

I keep thinking of the "I heart NY" campaign.