--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought you were too smart for the "Reagan caused people to die from
> AIDS" old line.
>
> What would have happened if he said something?  All the gay bath
> houses would have emptied out because they all believed so strongly in
> the word of Ronald Reagan?
>
> Once he did say something did anyone change their behavior because he
> said so?
>
> Don't think so.

Oh wow!  Tommy, the bathhouse!!!  That is an awful and prejudiced
statement.  Someone I loved died of AIDS in the 80's.  I suppose he
deserved it because he had sex without a condom.  Of course, back then
the only known reason for men to wear condoms was for birth control.  I
suggest you visit this topic in the history books because Reagan
ignored a growing pandemic and I remember the hysteria.  People with
AIDS were stigmatized.  Remember little Ryan White?  It seems to me
that there was no compassion until Magic Johnson, a straight guy,
tested HIV+.  Dis Bill Clinton and I agree he shouldn't have signed the
DOMA, but an act can be repealed.  Ignoring a virus as it spread and
killed was reprehensible.  Bill Clinton has many failings, but his
foundation is a great promoter and supporter of AIDS prevention.
I choose to believe you are ignorant on this topic.  If you'd ever
loved someone with AIDS you'd know what it was like.  HIV didn't only
get spread in the bathhouses.  AIDS is a disease that is contracted by
human beings.  It isn't exclusive to gay men.