"One of the most interesting things about “Joe the Plumber,”
currently enjoying his 15 minutes of fame, is that he has an unpaid
judgment against him from “St.  Charles Mercy Hospital” for about $1200.

http://tinyurl.com/6gqpz8

I find it interesting that a pretty healthy guy (he works full time
as a plumber, even if he’s not licensed) and an ambitious one too (he
wants to buy a business that makes >$250,000, though it’s not clear
if that’s gross or net) has such a bill. Does he have health
insurance?  If so, for what does he owe this prodigious amount?  If
not, what care might he have possibly purchased that cost ONLY $1200?"