Hey Newb,

Tell me how you define "stirring the pot" and "discussing an issue."

You are a person with a lot to say.  Don't clam up because Mario
insists you do.

Give us your thoughts.  They are important.

We have a councilman who each year vigorously opposes Asbury Park's
55 year old Columbus Day celebration.  He says the city should not
spend money on a purely cultural event.

On the Kwanzaa cultural event, for which the city spends resources
and hires an official "Kwanzaa Celebration Coordinator" he is silent.

That's a hefty Politcal issue.  Certainly worthy of AP discussion.

Add to that the same councilmember supports the Chamber of Commerce
decision to wipe the word "Christmas" from their entire lexicon.

That's a very related issue.

Stir the pot?

"You betcha!"

Or, we can go back to dicussing whether the lights on Kingsley street
are bright enough.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "New Beetoap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> OOps sorry I just responded, I think its an economic issue.
> If it goes back to politics I'm OUT.
>
> I do see the pattern of wanting to stir the pot just for the h**ll
of it.
> The archives are an interesting read.
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, MarioAPNJ@ wrote:
> >
> > Don't worry about it, Newbee.  It's NOT really about AP.  It's
about culture
> > wars being imposed on Asbury Park from the outside: Kwanzaa vs.
Columbus