Your post made me teary, too!  It's a really GREAT group, with a lot
of thoroughly intellectual people, who clue me in to the "real" Asbury
Park.  I can find something good in anyone!  Everyone is redeemable
and worth listening to, (most of the time).  I don't care if you are a
"newbie" an oldie, a lurker or God forbid, a TROLL.  This is a very
diverse Yahoo Group and we all bring something to the table.  It IS a
season of giving.  Thank you!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> People do love to hate you Tommy, but I think you like it too.  simple
> questions would have avoided the banter, which was pretty funny and
> gave me a great belly laugh.
>
> I think it would have been more fair for you to address the entire
> council on this at a meeting. You'd never see any of the other
> councilmen responding here. Keady is no messiah to me, but his
> continuous efforts at outreach and his attention to transparency are
> precisely what governments need. As well as the citizens to pay
attention.

> For those of you who love to hate Tommy, and I admit he is a baiter,
> Tommy is not way off in this if in fact the word Christmas has been
> somehow banned from city usage. Jews would flip, African Americans
> would flip and Gay people would flip. PC paranoia can make people lean
> toward fascism just as the right does. Watch that the oppressee in you
> is not becoming the oppressor. Get over your tribal self.
>
> If you have questioned Columbus day you must tolerate questions of
> Kwanzaa. Did that guy really do that? I will look it up. If anyone
> knows this to be untrue please speak.
>
> Tommy, human beings are violent creatures. We are getting better all
> the time and there is no need to deny colonization was ugly. You can
> still celebrate America and tell a little more of the truth about it.
> I know it has ugliness AND beauty, just like everyone of us.
>
> Jim's suggestion for going over items line by line would, I think
> force all this energy into something more productive and free from
> personalizing (which should be called ego baiting). Probably be
> interesting as well. That way we could actually know what is being
> spent on these events, if anything.
>
> I really did enjoy reading this thread.  Tommy and Jim's intelligence
> and frat boy spats, the gang up on Tommy, Franks funny visuals,
> Sharon's description of Kwanzaa made me teary, Oakdorf's hilarious
> interjections and the grunts from jersy john, mike and jack..BTW Jack,
> Tommy got you on that. Really funny. Much better than anyone else's
story.

> I need to express my genuine affection and gratitude for this
> community and it is the thankful season. So thank you!
>

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <tvnetdude2000@> wrote:
> >
> > It is my culture too. It was probably more the booze than
Christianity.