--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle Obre"
> <gabrielleobre@> wrote:
>

> > you throw as many insults as anyone.
>
> No I don't. Ever.  I take great pains not to personalize.  I point
> it out when others do.
>

> >making fun of the lights is a
> > perfect example. and I assume that is part of public works? You
> >can't
> > really make fun of the suggestion we cut energy usage in this day
> >and age.
>
> Disagreement on an issue is not "making fun."
>
> I think the lights should be as bright as possible.  AP still has a
> bad rep as scary place with bad folks waiting around every corner to
> get you.
>
> Bright lights and filling a place with the activity of people is how
> you fight that.
>
> Now is no the time for Asbury Park to dim the lights.  I have no
> objection to folks doing it in their homes.
>
> Right now, Asbury Park needs to be lit up so people are not afraid
> of her.

Typical.... Twisting issues to dilute the actual points.

1. Our Over lighting is a waste
2. Our Over lighting is not safer
3. Our Over lighting is not attractive
4. Our Over lighting produces Glare
5. Glare decreases safely

The point which escapes Mr.Right is that lighting can be designed to
be perceptually 'Bright" yet not impose the negatives above.

Another case of being unable to see any gray. Just painting a black
and white picture without considering how to make things better.
And then making fun of it too.....

:-(