> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> >
> > Go to the Files Section and look for AP.Budget.
> >

> $FOUR Million in accumulated sick time.
>
> Time to start the "use it lor lose it" if you can or limit amount of
> carry.

You beat me to it. Just finished going over the budget but that was
the first thing that caught my eye.

Another is that for certain categories "salaries and wages" are shown
as relatively nominal but then there are several hundreds of thousands
of dollars for "other expenses".

What are those?

Also, appears to me that you MAY have a lot of duplicate functions.
You have code compliance and then you have construction official
categories. Then you have zoning, land use administration, etc. It
would appear to me that you would put them and all other related
functions under one department (How about REAL PROPERTY) and the have
separate functions within the department. They would share resources
and support staff in some instances.

I suspect this can be done with other functions as well. What's the
difference between Economic Development and COmmunity Development?
Again, why not ONE department with different functions sharing support
staff and resources.

Until something like that is done it will be impossible to know
exactly how many people you need for each function and where you can
cut redundancy.

Jim Keady - how about we get a complete list of EVERY city employee by
department and function. You can keep their names private but how
about a body count for each department with their title and function.
That includes EVERYBODY?