Most Companies will allow up to 30 days, in the case of a catastrophic
illness and it's non accruable from year to year!  Use it or lose it!

The Federal Government however, allowed Government employees in areas,
where cut-backs were a reality, to accrue X-number of hours, with so
many payable, etc.  In my husband's case, since the 70's and
cut-backs, as a result of the downturn in Viet-Nam, caused RIF's,
reductions in force, resulting in one person doing the job of 2 or 3
people, as was his case.

When he retired in 2002, he was only paid for so many hours, although
sick time could be donated to employees, who were out sick as much as
6 months, which he did, because he could never be paid for the years,
he was never sick.

Municipal, County and State Employees, seem to have hit the "jackpot",
of accruing "sick" time, by fudging time records, when they were
actually NOT on the job, resulting in the "fleecing" of the Tax-Payer!
 Yet, we keep electing these "crooks" back into office, then we wonder
why property taxes are so high.  Just an observation.
Tell me something I don't know!