Glenn,
In defense of Werner, you said a LOT in just a few paragraphs!  Funny,
Jesus was a "victim" of His own people, too!  This forum, although
mainly about Asbury Park, the City's Redevelopment, the starts, stops,
C8, one and two, the parking meter fiasco, the Wonder Bar, a
successful undertaking, which opened, closed and reopened and on and on.

Werner, a gifted and talented individual, with a lot to offer in
historical value, gets short shrifted, for a variety of reasons,
mainly by 3 people in this group, who never post unless they want to
put in a "dig" or criticism, which NOBODY of conscience, cares for and
only divert attention away from REAL issues.  By and large, a private
individual, super intelligent and knowlegable about the historical
aspects of this small city, that a lot of people want to lay claim to.

Then there are others, including myself, who get "jumped" on, if we
don't agree or have a different point of view, which in America is
allowed by law to agree or disagree, but in this group, it can be
almost fatal!  The powers that be, will have you harrassed, arrested
and jailed, if you don't "dance" to their particular tune, which now
that Obama has been elected, true justice may prevail and the
"gestapo" tactics of officials run "amok", will end!

There ARE people who agree with everything Werner states!  I'm one of
them!  He is right on point, when he explains WHY the lights for
example, are deficient.  He explains WHY, the Palace SHOULDN'T have
been demolished, JR!  It was a LANDMARK!  It spoke of what Asbury Park
IS/WAS and COULD have been!  We WERE a resort, dotted with small and
large hotels/motels/inns, etc.  A Coney Island, South!

When I read posters speaking of frozen custard, hot dogs and lemonade,
I think of what I found when I moved here, even after the riots!  If
the boardwalk had been demolished, I NEVER would have known!  As a
Catholic, I could never have Madam Marie read my palm, but I wanted
her to; just for fun.  My kids played miniature golf many times,
before it was closed, went to the movies at the Baronet, bowled at
Asbury Lanes.  Kid stuff!

There are some mean spirited people who post in this group, who really
need a life anytime they take an innocent like Werner to pick on!
Thanks Glenn!