And why must everything be designed in 'suburban-stucco-modern'
architechture ?

I'm still picturing that bandstand building, how badly it was
butchered architecturally.

And how easy it would have been to preserve it as the really unique
piece of AP that it is. It would still be occupied by the same
businesses. Nothing would be different except it would look like its
supposed to, like it was designed to be.

And the bandstand would be usable.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Isn't the simplest, and most obvious attraction to AP it's music
scene?
> If we still had as many venues as we once had, and outdoor summer
concerts on the
> beach, and the Arthur Pryor Bandshell in use, then we'd plenty to
attact people.
> The city lost a huge opportunity by letting it's musical heritage
slip away.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@> wrote:
> >
> > It was given to AP years ago and some creative historian may have
already suggested,
> but I
> > don't know....
> >
> > There isn't a Morro Castle display, memorial, replicas (in the
works...), etc.... watch for
> them
> > soon.
> >
> > Would be interesting to have that some place on the boardwalk.
The real history of AP's