"And why must everything be designed in 'suburban-stucco- modern'
architechture ?

I'm still picturing that bandstand building, how badly it was
butchered architecturally.

And how easy it would have been to preserve it as the really unique
piece of AP that it is. It would still be occupied by the same
businesses. Nothing would be different except it would look like its
supposed to, like it was designed to be.

     I don't mind the modern boardwalk buildings.  I like them.  Were the
previous buildings made of brick really that different then what was going up
around them at the time?  I don't know, so i'm asking.  It seems like those
types of bricks were popular during the time period.  Not a stand out matieral,
that separted the boardwalk from other buildings around towns and citys.  I'm
speaking about matiearls, not design.
     Preservation is one thing, but to say it would still be occupied by the
same businesses is crazy.  It was empty other then HOJO?  HOJO's days were
numbered as it was, not because of it's location, but the whole chain itself.
     I'm not up to date on how things were left with the bandshell.  I'm still
thinking work was promissed on the lower half, and the upper half was set for a
later date?