--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> NO ONE is right about something because of who they are, what they do
> or what they've read.
>
> They are right because they are right, independent of the above.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> I have a cold.
>
> I go see a doctor.  He says I have a cold.
>
> Is he right because of who he is, what he does or what he's read?
>
> No. He's right because I do have a fucking cold.
>
> If he said I didn't have one, he'd be wrong, regardless of who he is,
> what he does or what he has read.
>
> See what I mean?  We are right or wrong because we are right or wrong,
> having nothing to do with who we are, what we do or what we have read.

And how does the layperson know they have a cold? Self diagnosis is
sometimes foolish if you have limited knowledge or experience in the
subject matter.

That's why society relies on various occupations and specialties of
study. The above position is ridiculous in the real world unless the
professor is omniscient.

Werner