Just a few words in defense of "liberal whites", I live on the East
Side, in a high rise with people of every color, nationality and
profession.  There are even "weekenders" from New York who maintain a
weekend apartment here.  The Thurgood Marshall school has all colors
too, whites even!  Lots of them, although the school is predomonantly
Latin American!  Don't know if they're Mexican, Honduran, Columbian or
what, but a lot of Latinos.  Blacks, whites and puerto ricans are the
"minority" here.

I've donated to Asbury Park Pop Warner, but have yet to view a game.
Over 60 and arthritic, is why.  I can't weather the cold like I did in
my 20's.  I defend anyone right to not attend for the reason stated
and many in this group WORK while the games are being played.  It's
admirable that you and your family attend, but don't character
assassinate the group because they're not attending.

Knowing me, I'd probably wind up at Jersey Shore Medical with
pneumonia, which I've had bouts with for the past 3 years.  It's no
joke, so I don't attend mainly for that reason.  You tend to paint us
with a broad brush, but most of us are past the "breeding" stage and
no longer have small children, but some of us have no kids at all and
it's unfair to accuse us of promoting segregation.  Incidentally, I
sip lattes, but where I come from it's part of my culture!  Cheers!

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> In a message dated 12/5/2008 4:05:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> Mario  drive down DeWitt Avenue Saturday night and take note of the
color of
> the  faces.
> Then go Downtown and take note of the color of the faces. Asbury
Park may
> have diversity but it sure as hell doesn't have
> integration.
> But you just tell yourself whatever you need to, so that  you feel
better
> about yourself.  You libs are good at  that.
> Segregation is the issue that's firing me up lately.
>
> So fuck  off, latte sipping liberal in denial ...
>
> ==============================
> You're giving Christianity a bad name.
> Latte-sipping liberal?  You're a font of  memes.
>
> I have neighbors of color on both sides of my home, my block is a
model of
> diversity, and it does feel good.
>
> And your neighbors?  Does Howell fire you up?
>
> Just a rhetorical question. No need to play Whack-a-Mole with your
> off-the-wall red herrings.
>
> No latte for me.  But I will go make a pot of all-American Maxwell
House