Got that right, Ive watched it being built. Created a real
controversy up here. I think the Bandstand building could be restored
but it would be really expensive now that it was screwed up. Would
have made sense to do it right the first time.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Zanadu is a complete eyesore.
> But, even if we question the look of the pavilions, isn't it far
too late for a change of
> direction?
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@> wrote:
> >

> > While doing some research I came across a page of comments about
the
> > new Xanadu complex being built in the Meadow Lands.
> >
> > Designed by the Rockwell Group, the same architect engaged for our
> > beachfront who is responsible for the 'Containers'
> >
> > I thought the following comment was rather connected.
> >
> > "
> > Posted by mcjasper on 09/11/08 at 11:54AM
> >
> > I am a recent graduate from Manhattan College and while driving
down
> > to my parents house at the shore many weekends would drive past
the
> > mall. I must say as a civil engineer, if I were the engineer of
this
> > building I would take a wet noodle and beat the architect. How any
> > architect could think this is a good look is beyond me. It would
have
> > looked ugly in the 1970's when these colors were in style. Thank
God I
> > decided to move out of NJ and now live in Tampa, FL. Now I will
not
> > have to deal with an ugly mess called a mall like all you northern
> > Jersey folk. P.S. stop coming down to the shore and cluttering up
my
> > beaches!!!
> > "

http://blog.nj.com/jerseyblogs/2008/04/xanadu_too_ugly_for_the_meadow.