--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, marioa...@... wrote:

> I just spoke with Laurie at the Foodbank of Monmouth and Ocean  >
> She concurred with the Wegmans' executives I spoke with last year:
> Year-round appeals tend to result in compassion fatigue, and people
then tend to
> ignore the appeals.

I thought Wegs was y round. I'll say ok to a $1 or more at checkout
based on guilt.

 - if you buy candy, ice cream or soda (things you really don't need...)
 - or if you're buying things you do need -like veggies or milk
 - or if you went there and got yourself a nice lunch...

Look at it as a "tip" to the cashier who in turns donates it.

We tip more for booze and lousy food.

Imagine tipping the food bank 15% of your food order.