FYI, the piece of shit Esperanza is 30 million dollars of sunk cost by a
developer.  you don't just make that "go".  There are interested parties in
taking over that parcel and actually building something there but price (bid
ask spread) and legal hold things up.
What the city should do is see what leeway if any it has to force some
resolution to that parcel.

Seperate point.  MM has tried very hard to turn some of the "empty lots" along
kingsly into temporary parking but has been challenged on the legality of it
and whether the lots will be "code".  When they applied for special event
permits to put parking there on very crowded nights, they were summarily
dismissed by the town.