I plan on attending council meetings and sending in emails concerning this
issue. I believe 3 things need to be accomplished:
1) Clean out the lot behind the Empress, landscape it attractively, and make
part of it employee parking for the boardwalk
2) Install "Resident Parking Only" signs for the neighborhoods near the beach
3) Once the city spends even more money replacing the parking system, which I
believe is the plan, perhaps they can use some of the PD being wasted
babysitting the current machines to enforce resident parking

I tend to think many inland AP residents, and probably our city council, have
no idea of what it's like to deal with the SP crowd before, during and after a
Summer Stage event. First off, you pretty much can't leave your home parking
space, because if you do, you'll wind up parking a block or two away from home
when you come back. That's no big deal unless you just went grocery shopping
(or invite friends over for that matter).
Then, after the show is over, our neighborhoods are overrun with drunken
patrons. After the "Slightly Stoopid" concert, I had several piles of puke
right on the sidewalk in front of my home. 2 cars were also broken into on
Bergh between AP Ave and 1st. And lot's of people were using the parking lot
behind the abandoned apt. building next to me as a bathroom.

Meanwhile, the city loses money they could be earning for parking.