And honestly, the zoo doesn't need to spill over to the residential area. None
of us year round residents should have to clean up after the mess. It's not
just parking. I don't mind walking. It's the bigger picture. Residents
shouldn't have to wake up to a sidewalk filled with puke. Residents shouldn't
have to clean up the crap that people leave on their lawns. Cars parked on a
dark street don't need to be broken into because their owners were too cheap to
pay very little to park. Our neighborhoods aren't open air bathrooms (anymore)
either.
And it is a win win for the city. It's money. That's why they created paid
parking.
Virtually every seaside community that has an entertainment zone at the beach
does this exact same thing.
How could anybody raise objection to this, or maybe contemplate doing nothing?
I'd be happy to pay for a parking sticker. I bet everybody in the blocks
between Grand and Kingsley would too.