From: "oakdorf" <oakd...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:43:23
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] How NOT to make a few thousand dollars an hour....

Instead of working parking meters, have signs that say "FREE PARKING - Courtesy
of Asbury Park Police and Mayor and Council" plastered across the pay stations.

so instead of addressing the functioning of the "broken" meters, give up tens
of thousands of dollars in revenue.

If the old ones were so bad, how'd people stuff over $1m in them last year??

Pretty funny seeing some people parking down by grand (cause there were so many
people)calling for a cab to take them to the bw - because they didn't want to
walk through "that neighborhood.." Funny lady.

And it wasn't the FREE PARKING that bought everyone down to the beach and
boardwalk.

the beach and boardwalk took the people in. And guess what? MM did ok with
their $10 parking lots as well.

the city should not be involved in a parking authority. Bid it out. Ticketing,
maintenance, technology whatever - just lease out the parking spaces.

I'd be in.