From: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com [mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Hinge
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:02 PM
To: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: How NOT to make a few thousand dollars an hour....

I live in a 2 family home that was converted from a single family. I have 1
car as does my downstairs neighbor. The guy east of me commutes by train and
doesn't own a car. The guy to the west has a car and lot's of visitors.
Am I wrong to think it's absurd to pay for a permit that doesn't guarantee
parking in front of my home, just around 1 large block? I can forget about
2nd Ave, because those spaces are always occupied by residents. Bergh,
forget about it, and there's no way I'll park at night on Bergh between AP
Ave and 1st because it's a high break-in area. What value do I then get to
give the city $30 basically for nothing?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "oakdorf" <oakdorf@...> wrote:

> Good question.
>
> 1. You should have a resident sticker / resident parking on each block.
(BLue sticker, blue "zone" parking, red sticker, red zone parking etc.... )

> 2. there was never "enough" residential parking for single family homes in
today's world. So that would make sense that when you take s single family
home and chop it to four units and call them condos - there will be even
less parking. I can site examples.

> 3. then you have places (like the steinbach) that have parking, but you
pay per car per month. so guess what, not everyone wants to pay to park in
the lot and pay extra - so they take a space in the state garage or take a
spot on the street.

> So if you have a requirement that you need x number of spaces per unit,
the developer should have to "include" it in the rent.

> If there are homes that have or had room for a driveway and elected to
eliminate the driveway or it can't be used - you don't get a permit.

> Don't give co's for homes that have driveways that need repair. So many
older homes in AP had garages in the back. Many homes have room for off
street parking - but don't use it.

> Hinge - are you in a single family home - or a multi-family? Was it
orginally a single family? How many units are there today? Hwow many people
have cars?