--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@...> wrote:

> Not exactly. I'm irked that I'm being asked to pay for the possibility of
> parking on my block. Here's an example. Last Sat, all the spaces on my block
> were full. So were all the spaces on Bergh between AP Ave and 2nd. That being
> said, what's the point of paying for a parking permit?

I see your point to an extent and honestly I do not know what is fair. You and
your neighbors cannot be guaranteed a spot in front of your homes since I and
others are not as well. But, perhaps we make a majority of the blocks away from
the beach resident only or metered with a time limit. Then make every resident
pay for resident permits in their zones.

I can't think of anything else that would be fair. If your block is not metered
visitors will park there anyway. If it is made just for residents, then you
have an advantage over us.

How cheap does the permit have to be for let's say a 99% chance during the week
and winter you can park there and a 50-50% or 75% chance on the weekends in the
summer?