Doesn't it all come back to inattentive parenting? If you kid has 10 bikes in
their backyard and you don't question you child about it, then something is
wrong. I see boys riding girls bikes and big kids riding bikes that are way to
small for them all the time. One time when I was working at Second Life Bikes,
and kid came in with a bike freshly painted with black spray paint. I asked him
where he got it. He said it was sitting on the curb, so he just took it. I told
him that a spray painted bike is a tell-tale sign of it being stolen. He acted
nervous and would not look me in the eye. Repeat that over and over in our
city. Parents are casting a blind eye to their kids unlawful behavior.