That building would be great for youth programs considering the location to the
HS

-----Original Message-----
From: "oakdorf" <oakd...@yahoo.com>
Sender: AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:49:49
To: <AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: the guy who couldn't read...

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "fancypaaantz" <fancypaaantz@...> wrote:

> Oak, a lot of these programs are only available in the poorest areas,

Don't blame me. Blame the directors. Apparently, no one has the common sense to
see that they have a problem with hours.

The real problem is, there are soooo many programs running against each other,
competing for the same grants or getting dupe grant monies for the same stuff.

Everybody wants a program. But in many cases, you need to have money to get
money. Or need the space to begin with to get the money to get a program. you
have homeless and homeless charities. And then there are the professional
charities and programs. All out body hunting.

Great article the other day. A judge was convicted along with 30 others for
"kids for cash" -steering kids into programs run by his buddies - for kickbacks.

Like the schools, you need bodies to keep the schools open.

I can't tell you how many different groups I spoke to that want a charter
school or similar program. I think the last program was for around $2m per
school (maybe more)- first you need a building - that is school ready. Then you
need one teacher within a district where the school is to be - to be part of
the program. Out of that money, they need to have budget, plan etc...

You can apply by whatever date is was, get denied, then apply again, hoping to
get approved.

Having a license to operate certain day programs in NJ is gold. They are
valuable.

I've had this what could be a great building in AP for sale for a client. NOw
he's down to around $685,000. Big. 12,000 sq ft.

Be a great building for city services  - after school programs, special
programs etc. Just needs some tlc.