--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dsher4@...> wrote:

> Rather than attack i will ask dan what the reason for the Cookman avenue
> closure is?  at first blush i don't agree with it either but perhaps there is
> a logical reason.  Dan can you please comment?
> Thank you

If you were at the meeting it was explained. The committee is against it. We
essentially killed it when proposed by the developer. What we did at the end,
just to be fair was say okay, you (Partners) pay for an independent traffic
consultant to study the proposal and its effect on traffic. The developer's
idea was to create this great big public plaza. We think we already have one
further east. But you have to keep in mind how we approached this entire
process. To be open minded and fair. Personally I do not think it has a chance
but lets see what the traffic consultant says. So in reality, and what maybe is
not too clear from the documents is that the committee really rejected the idea
and is only recommending that a traffic consultant and the city engineer look
into it.