"designated area" - That's been my argument all along. Thanks for reinforcing
that.

If I bought the $30 permit this summer, it would have been useless during
Summer Stage events, or busy weekend days. All it would do would hold me
hostage in a parking space on my block. My next door neighbor, who bought the
permit, experienced this every weekend. He'd park out front of his home, and if
he left for a few hours (like most of us) to do grocery shopping or anything
else, he'd return to our block being completely filled. The permit states that
it's only good for the block on which it's issued. So this leaves the permit
holder to park a block or more away. Meanwhile, most of the spaces on Bergh and
on the 300 block of 1st were being used by boardwalk employees. This is exactly
what I predicted would happen.

In my opinion, the city did little or no research into this issue. Perhaps they
could've done a parking survey to see how many people actually own cars on the
affected blocks. On mine, that amounts to 3 cars in the summer, 2 in the
winter. All the other residents on my block live in housing that includes a
parking lot.

Meanwhile, they installed a parking sign post at my curb 6 months ago. It still
stands there, without a sign.