Let me add my 2 cents.  It's odd seeing 2 people/adults,
apparently on the same page, go into "name-calling".  Let's
face it, we're ALL in this together.  Call it what you will but when
a property owner, allows or bring down the property values of
others, be they neighbors or the street itself, it's patently
unfair.  The housing market is so shaky, I felt safe in living
as a renter, after living in houses all my life.

Timing is everything.  If one of us joins a group to be an
"insider" as opposed to being an outsider, I say Bravo! At least
you have a clue as to what is REALLY happening, because we don't!

If we could collectively "change things", we would.  I have voted
and NOT voted for those on the Council.  Many revelations printed
here would be unknown to me were it not for Rita's letters, especially
the health insurance issue, which I didn't know the council "helped"
itself to.  If it's legal, why not?

Anyway, the bickering is very destructive and in the long run
makes enemies out of friends.  Everyone here is entitled to
their opinion, under the Constitution.  It's one of the "entitlements"
this country gives to us under the law.

Crimes are committed in our names by leaders that are illegal.
The rich and important don't get punished for the heinous acts they
commit.  I once thought that for "change" to come, you had to work
within the system, then when you get in, other obstacles get in the
way and your credibility gets questioned.

As Leona Helmsley so infamously uttered, "only the little people
pay taxes".  The average taxpayer is taxed to the hilt, so that the
rich and powerful have lobbied to keep from supporting the country
that gave them their "break", through the huge political contributions
designed to keep it that way.

We are but one small group that is trying to make a difference by
voicing what we already know.  Was the election of Barack Obama
a mistake?  Is he too soft?  Is that why we are terminally suffering?
Speaker John Boehner and his following are out to destroy the government and
then what?  While we're disparaging each other, legislators in Washington are
literally whipping our ass!

We look more like the Soviet Union of the Cold War, every day.
Wake Up!