I've also read the turf vs grass comments with great interest. Sports is highly
overrated.... Shouldn't getting a basic education be paramount ? As mentioned,
sports should be used as an incentive to achieve intellectually not as a goal
unto itself.

On a related note - Atlantic Square Park is currently being destroyed by being
misused for athletic purposes. 6 years ago the west side was ground down to
dirt by soccer players. That damage is still evident as the lawn has never
recovered.

This year the south side has been turned into a muddy strip, complete with car
tires for goal posts and orange cones on permanent display.

This is a significant misuse of the park - it is not intended nor designed to
be an athletic field. It will take significant $$$ to restore the lawn, if the
City ever does.

Since we have such a large and specifically purposed athletic facility.... that
is where soccer, etc should be played.

Several months ago I witnessed a group throwing javelins in Bradley Park with
pedestrians and vehicles within range. How they could think that was a good
idea escapes me.

Werner