We all love to hate on developers but can we honestly blame them for wanting to
maximize the amount they can build?  At the time, the compromise to get rid of
those streets wound up being a good one because it brought in more ratables
than it would have otherwise.

The superblock that was created to the north of Phase 1, on the other hand, is
terrible planning.  I recall that it was recently determined this needed to be
broken up come time to develop it.  Thankfully those in charge now realize what
the right and wrong ways are.

As for the stumps, it's almost a gaurantee that a new architect will be brought
in to redesign the new building.  The types of housing being designed in the
early 2000's arent as marketable anymore.  Couple that with the need for
retail.  While the footprint may or may not be the same (perhaps we'll see a
similar concept of townhomes to the south, apartments to the north), the design
(look, feel, and function) of the building will almost certainly be a different
one.