Dear Sir,
At work, I have to deal with parsing Call Detail Records generated by GSM  MSCs, TAP 3 applications, etc which are in ASN.1 format.

I wrote a generic parser/decoder which accepts the tags and the value encodings in a tree structure as configuration, and ran into some doubts.

Presently, I'm unsure of how to handle 0x00 and 0xFF values between records.

Also how are fillers/noise represented and handled?

Also, is there any place from which we can get the ASN.1 specification for the different applications/enterprises? Just so that we can shift to using generic compilers.

Thank you.
karthikeyan.r

The will to do, the soul to dare

DISCLAIMER: This email is bound by the terms and conditions described at
http://www.subexgroup.com/mail-disclaimer.htm