Warren Young wrote:

> 1. Since $tempfile is on the system disk and $target is on a big RAID
> array, the move incurs a lot of extra disk I/O.  Is there a way to tell
> CGI.pm or Apache::ASP to use a directory on the RAID array instead of
> /usr/tmp?

Try setting this at the top of your script:

$TempFile::TMPDIRECTORY='/target/location';

2. There seems to be no upload progress indicator, at least with Mozilla. Is there a way that I can insert some code that gets run right after the first HTTP header on the upload gets processed, so I can pick off the expected file size? If so, I could pop up a window with my own progress bar.

There is a mod_perl module you might find helpful:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=UploadMeter&mode=module

Also, we use a java applet for upload which give a progress meter as well as some other features:

http://jupload.biz/

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions on your other question.

Stuart Johnston