Ram-da,

I meant that while on studet or work visa you cannot
work in your own company but you can hire a local guy
(like my unemployed US citizen NRI kid ex-housemate)
and pay some money to work for me (atleast on paper) .
This was told to me by  my landlord -who set up a IT
consutlacy firm while on US work visa .

For the enterprising there is always a way --ethics is
a debatable issue :-) thats why there are courts and
lawyers to discuss such things. Business is
competition --not philosophy!! As long as you are not
killing or persecuting someone you are an ethical
business-person.

Umesh