C'da

>*** Surely YOUR support or for that matter of others in your camp is
NOT >what ULFA has been surviving all these decades. Obviously it is
from the >support of those who you do not see or prefer not to
recognize when you >see them. Thus your definition of ULFA's
'sincerity' is quite irrelevant to >the resolution of the conflict.

yes, the ulfa has been around for a while. Now who is giving it arms,
and intel - the Bangladeshi Intel and the Pakis
who gives the money - well some give, while from others the ulfa "taxes"
and there is always abduction  as a revenue source.

within the next few years, they wouldn't have to pretend to be "patriots"

>IF you and others are SEEKING a resolution >to the conflict, then the
>question would be WHAT are you contributing to >its resolution?

I would suggest, give up the weapons, and come for talks, to arrive at
some levels of compensation for the low/mid-level level misled cadres
from the GOI - the cream should be be ready for prosecution according
to the Constitution of India and pay the piper.
But then - thats just old me.
:)
--Ram